Wednesday 22 August 2012

London in the Arts

London has a huge amount to offer to the Art enthusiast. The freedom to pass through gallery to gallery free of charge is enormously beneficial.

Having been to New York recently, I now know that you have to pay to get into the larger national museums. A customary $25 no less! A huge chunk of my holiday budget was immediately swallowed as I HAD to go to Moma, the Met and the Guggenheim.


London galleries on the whole only charge for entry to exhibitions. I hadn't appreciated the value and accessibility of the constant collections until now. Since coming back I have a huge desire to visit the National Gallery.

Next Thursday, I will be visiting the National Gallery to see the Titian Metamorphosis show. For anyone wishing to learn more, the exhibition is free and will remain at the NG until the 23rd of September.

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/metamorphosis-titian-2012



No comments:

Post a Comment